JSIso is a Tile-Based engine which uses the HTML5 Canvas element. It's still classed as being in early stages and will be until it is capable of much much more. The engine is still under constant development and is licensed using MIT. An early prototype which was titled under the project name of "Glacial Flame" can be seen in the following YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsipfu5Qq4. It initially started out as an Isometric engine however it easily supports both 2D and 2.5D
Currently contained features are:
- Implements AMD through RequireJS
- Easily build complex isometric 2D.5 layouts or flat 2D layouts
- Tiled Editor format support
- Unlimited layer stacking
- Isometric heightmaps
- Auto scaling of image dimensions
- Spritesheet and individual one by one tile image loading
- RGBA tile values
- Simple Collision
- AI Pathfinding using Web Workers
- Custom built Particle Engine - Basic Effect Creator
- Easy fake lighting
- Player vision limiting
- Simple player device interaction
- Apply the same code accross tile formats
Fork the code from GitHub or check out the samples bellow. We would love to hear your feedback via the contact form, Twitter or directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.
JsIso In Use
Used JsIso for something? Let us know and we will happily feature you here!
Tile Map Samples
These samples are intended as both proof of concepts and initial tests of JSIso capabilities. A few of them are kept simple to show the little code required to achieve the output. Although these eight samples are displayed in their current states, they are intended for further refinement by reducing the customized sample code, optimizing the engine and improving their capabilities on multiple platforms.